- 125 gram butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan.
- 2Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, dried apricots, sultanas and almonds. Make a well in the centre, pour in butter mixture and stir well.
- 4Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
The kids will love these, but you could add different flavours. Try dried dates, dried figs and prunes in place of the dried apricots and sultanas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020