- 2 cups (200g) walnuts
- 125 g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (70g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 6 medium (300g) ripe apricots, halved, seeded
- icing sugar and thick cream to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 17cm x 27cm slice pan (inside top measurement); line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 2Process the walnuts until coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Add butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and yoghurt to the processor; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to bowl with nuts; fold mixture together. Add flour; fold until combined.
- 4Spread mixture into prepared pan; smooth top. Top with apricot halves. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan.
- 5Dust cake with sifted icing sugar and serve with thick cream, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Boston baked beansToday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesToday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesYesterday 11:12pm
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustYesterday 10:43pm
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesYesterday 9:00pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast stuffed mushroomsYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato samosasYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast and brunch recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Banana pancakes with butterscotch sauceYesterday 1:00pm