- 2 cups (200g) walnuts
- 125 g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (70g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 6 medium (300g) ripe apricots, halved, seeded
- icing sugar and thick cream to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 17cm x 27cm slice pan (inside top measurement); line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 2Process the walnuts until coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Add butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and yoghurt to the processor; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to bowl with nuts; fold mixture together. Add flour; fold until combined.
- 4Spread mixture into prepared pan; smooth top. Top with apricot halves. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan.
- 5Dust cake with sifted icing sugar and serve with thick cream, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022