- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 185 gram butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (165g) nutella
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (330g) nutella
- 200 gram dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Stir cocoa and the water in a small heatproof jug until cocoa dissolves. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Beat butter, sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then cocoa mixture and Nutella until combined (mixture may look curdled at this stage). Beat in sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk, in two batches, until smooth. Spread mixture into pan.
- 4Bake cake for 1 and 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make frosting: Gently combine Nutella and cooled melted chocolate in a medium bowl. Stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is spreadable (frosting will firm slightly when spreading).
- 6Spread frosting over top and side of cooled cake.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022