- 1 x 340g packet butter cake mix
- 125 gram butter
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- yellow and black food colouring
- 3 yellow nestlé smarties
- 3 nestlé melts white cooking compound
- 5 chocolate milkshake allen's funfair thrills, jelly beans, halved lengthways
- 3 pink allen's jelly beans, halved crossways
- 20 centimetre piece licorice strap
- 8 allen's peaches & cream
- 4 green apple allen's sour rush jelly beans, halved crossways
- 8 chocolate allen's milk bottle mania
- 2 red allen's jelly beans, quartered lengthways
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 10 holes of a 12-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) muffin pan with the paper cases.
- 2Make cake according to directions on packet. Drop 2½ level tablespoons of mixture into each paper case; bake about 20 minutes. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3To make butter cream, beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 4Spoon 1 tablespoon butter cream into a small bowl; tint yellow. Divide remaining butter cream between two small bowls; tint one grey using the black food colouring and leave the remaining butter cream plain.
- 5Spread yellow butter cream over the top of one cake; spread grey butter cream over the top half of five cakes. Spread plain butter cream over bottom half of grey cakes and over the top of the remaining four cakes.
- 6Secure cakes on 35cm x 45cm covered cake board with a little butter cream to resemble the number 5.
- 7Using picture as a guide, place Smarties and Melts, decorate yellow cake to resemble cheese.
- 8To decorate the grey and white cakes as mice: position the Funfair Thrills Jelly Beans for ears and the pink Jelly Beans for noses. Cut the licorice strap to make tail and whiskers; position on mice.
- 9To decorate the white cakes to make cats: pinch the Peaches & Cream to form a point; position, peach-side down, on cakes for ears. Position green Jelly Beans for eyes.
- 10Cut the top from the Milk Bottles and use to form nose. Cut remaining Milk Bottles to form whiskers. Position the red Jelly Beans on cakes to form mouths.
Peaches & Cream are found in Allen's Party Mix. You'll have about 1 cup of the cake mixture left over; use to make extra cupcakes for the party.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeToday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020