- 3 x 340g packets butter cake mix
- 250 gram butter
- 1 1/2 cup (480g) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- green food colouring
- 1 metre licorice strap
- 40 gram nestlé melts white cooking compound
- 4 red nestlé smarties
- 4 orange nestlé smarties
- 4 green nestlé smarties
- 4 birthday candles
- 2 x 45g packets wonka neon nerds
- 8 blue nestlé smarties
- 6 allen's pineapples
- 6 allen's racing cars
- 2 toy trees
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 23cm x 34cm number four cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Make cakes according to directions on packets. Pour mixture into pan; bake about 50 minutes. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3To make butter cream, beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 4Using a serrated knife, level cake top. Secure cake to 30cm x 40cm covered cake board with a little butter cream.
- 5Tint butter cream green; spread over top and sides of cake.
- 6Cut licorice to fit length and width of cake, laying two lengths side-by-side, as pictured; press onto cake.
- 7Melt white Melts, spoon into the paper piping bag; pipe road markings down centre of licorice. Attach the red, orange and green Smarties to the candles with melted Melts to form traffic lights; hold in place until Smarties are secure on candles. Position traffic lights on cake.
- 8Using the picture as a guide, decorate cake with Nerds and blue Smarties. Cut tops from Pineapples to resemble bushes; arrange on cake with Racing Cars and the toy trees.
Allen's Racing Cars and Pineapples can be found in Allen's Teeth `n' Stuff, Retro Party Mix and Classic Party Mix.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Caramelised onion and cheddar pull-apartApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Orange, semolina and rhubarb cakeYesterday 2:00pm