- 3 x 340g packets butter cake mix
- 250 gram butter
- 1 1/2 cup (480g) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- green food colouring
- 1 metre licorice strap
- 40 gram nestlé melts white cooking compound
- 4 red nestlé smarties
- 4 orange nestlé smarties
- 4 green nestlé smarties
- 4 birthday candles
- 2 x 45g packets wonka neon nerds
- 8 blue nestlé smarties
- 6 allen's pineapples
- 6 allen's racing cars
- 2 toy trees
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 23cm x 34cm number four cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Make cakes according to directions on packets. Pour mixture into pan; bake about 50 minutes. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3To make butter cream, beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 4Using a serrated knife, level cake top. Secure cake to 30cm x 40cm covered cake board with a little butter cream.
- 5Tint butter cream green; spread over top and sides of cake.
- 6Cut licorice to fit length and width of cake, laying two lengths side-by-side, as pictured; press onto cake.
- 7Melt white Melts, spoon into the paper piping bag; pipe road markings down centre of licorice. Attach the red, orange and green Smarties to the candles with melted Melts to form traffic lights; hold in place until Smarties are secure on candles. Position traffic lights on cake.
- 8Using the picture as a guide, decorate cake with Nerds and blue Smarties. Cut tops from Pineapples to resemble bushes; arrange on cake with Racing Cars and the toy trees.
Allen's Racing Cars and Pineapples can be found in Allen's Teeth `n' Stuff, Retro Party Mix and Classic Party Mix.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeToday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020