- 3 x 340g packets butter cake mix
- 125 gram butter
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- rose pink, sky blue and leaf green food colouring
- 10 x white, pink, blue and green allen's jelly beans
- 8 x ballerina cake toppers
- 2 tablespoon white sugar crystals
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 23cm x 34cm number three cake pan; line base with baking paper. Line eight holes of the flat-based patty pan with paper cases.
- 2Make cakes according to directions on packets. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture into each paper case; bake patty cakes about 20 minutes. Pour remaining mixture into number pan; bake about 35 minutes. Stand cakes in pans for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire racks to cool.
- 3To make butter cream; beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 4Using a serrated knife, level top of the number cake. Secure cake, cut-side down, to 35cm x 45cm covered cake board with a little butter cream.
- 5Tint three-quarters of the butter cream light pink; spread all over number cake. Divide the remaining butter cream into four small bowls; tint medium pink, dark pink, blue and green. Using 4 small disposable piping bags and 1 medium fluted piping tube, pipe each colour onto two patty cakes, cleaning the tube between each colour.
- 6Using the picture as a guide, arrange ALLEN'S Jelly Beans on patty cakes; top with ballerina.
- 7Sprinkle number three cake with sugar; position patty cakes on top of cake.
Ballerina cake toppers are available from cake decorating suppliers, or top with tiny ballerina dolls from toy stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021