- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 450 grams mixed mushrooms, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup (280g) greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (130g) tomato pasta sauce
- 200 grams fresh ricotta
- 120 grams buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 100 grams haloumi, grated coarsely
Crisp cavolo nero
- 100 grams cavolo nero, stalks removed, leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Make crisp cavolo nero.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook mushrooms, stirring, for 4 minutes or until golden. Add sherry; cook until evaporated. Stir through thyme and garlic. Season.
- 3Place flour, salt and yoghurt in a bowl; mix to a soft dough. Roll dough out on a floured surface into a 34cm round. Place dough on an oiled pizza tray; spread with pasta sauce, then top with cheeses and the mushroom mixture; season.
- 4Bake pizza for 20 minutes or until base is browned and crisp. Top with crisp cavolo nero.
Crisp cavolo nero
- 5Place ingredients in a bowl; rub oil and salt into leaves to soften slightly. Place in a single layer on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; bake, turning halfway through,
for 10 minutes or until crisp.
Omit the mushrooms, sherry and thyme and top the pizza instead with sliced mixed cherry tomatoes or shaved zucchini in spring or summer, then drizzle with the olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022