There's no baking required for this creamy banana and coconut dessert that's full of nutritious nuts, oats and fruit for a healthier treat you'll love.
- 1 cup (160g) brazil nuts
- 180 grams fresh dates, pitted
- ½ cup (45g) traditional rolled oats
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water
- 3 cups (840g) greek-style yoghurt, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (55g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (20g) fine desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 medium bananas (400g), sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp
- ¼ cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Lightly grease a 23cm (9¼-inch) round, 3cm (1¼-inch) deep, fluted flan tin with a removable base.
- 2Process brazil nuts, dates, oats and shredded coconut until mixture forms a coarse paste. Press mixture evenly over base and side of tin.
- 3Sprinkle gelatine over the just boiled water; whisk to dissolve, making sure there no lumps. Stir into yoghurt with sugar, desiccated coconut and rind. Pour mixture into pie shell. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- 4Gently toss banana slices in lime juice. Serve tart topped with banana, passionfruit and flaked coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021