- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 centimetre piece (20g) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, finely chopped
- 800 gram pork mince
- 1 cup (250ml) water or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook seeds, stirring, for 2 minutes or until seeds pop. Add cumin, turmeric and garam masala. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 2Add garlic, ginger and onion. Cook, stirring, until onion softens.
- 3Add mince. Cook, stirring, until cooked through. Add water or stock. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in coriander. Serve with cucumber slices.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave. This dry, fragrant Nepalese curry, made with pork mince and usually served with steamed rice and lime wedges, is one of this small Himalayan country's most popular meat dishes. Another is the delectable momo, a delicate steamed or pan-fried, meat-filled dumpling eaten by the cold-climate mountain-dwelling people of both Nepal and Tibet.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021