- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 centimetre piece (20g) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, finely chopped
- 800 gram pork mince
- 1 cup (250ml) water or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook seeds, stirring, for 2 minutes or until seeds pop. Add cumin, turmeric and garam masala. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 2Add garlic, ginger and onion. Cook, stirring, until onion softens.
- 3Add mince. Cook, stirring, until cooked through. Add water or stock. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in coriander. Serve with cucumber slices.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave. This dry, fragrant Nepalese curry, made with pork mince and usually served with steamed rice and lime wedges, is one of this small Himalayan country's most popular meat dishes. Another is the delectable momo, a delicate steamed or pan-fried, meat-filled dumpling eaten by the cold-climate mountain-dwelling people of both Nepal and Tibet.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022