*Brought to you by Jalna
- 2 cup (500g) jalna lactose free yoghourt
- 2 tablespoon (40ml) honey, or to taste
- 1 cup (160g) pistachios, coarsley chopped
- 4 peaches or nectarines, halved and stones removed
- mint leaves, to garnish
- 1Line a colander with muslin, a chux cloth or a teatowel large enough for the edges to hang over the side of the colander. Place colander over a large bowl or jug. Put Jalna yoghourt in the cloth lined colander and loosely cover with cloth or plastic wrap. Place bowl in refrigerator for up to 2 days until it thickens like cottage cheese consistency (the longer it drains the thicker it becomes).
- 2Stir in rosewater, to taste. Serve as an accompaniment to dessert or shape into small balls, but keep covered so it does not dry out.
- 3When ready to serve, heat a frypan over a moderately low heat and pistachios and enough honey to coat them. Heat for a few minutes (or microwave). With a fork remove pistachios and place on baking paper to cool.
- 4Place nectarine or peach halves cut side down in the pan and heat gently for 5 - 8 minutes in the honey, adding more if required, until softened and lightly caramelised. Gently push them around in the pan so they don't brown too much.
- 5Serve fruit warm or cold with labne on top or to the side if fruit is warm. Garnish with honey pistachios and fresh mint leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesYesterday 1:00pm
- Stained glass biscottiYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best shepherd's pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesYesterday 1:00pm
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 prawn salad recipes for you to try this ChristmasYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas tree shortbreadsYesterday 6:06am
- Jam shortbread snowflakesYesterday 6:00am
- Delicious pumpkin rolls with cook and TV personality Diana ChanYesterday 5:00am
- Classic rum ballsYesterday 4:29am
- How to make your own pizza doughYesterday 4:00am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchYesterday 12:29am