- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 (600g) nashi
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 30 gram butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease two oven trays.
- 2Cut pastry sheets in half. Place two halves on each oven tray. Fold in long sides of each pastry piece about 2cm; press folded sections lightly then turn short ends in, making three small folds in each.
- 3Cut whole unpeeled nashi into 1cm slices. Discard small end slices; you need 16 similar- size nashi rounds for this recipe.
- 4Stir rind, juice, the water and caster sugar in large heavy-based frying pan over high heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil. Add nashi to syrup, in batches if necessary; cook over low heat about 10 minutes or until just tender. Remove nashi from syrup with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly. Reserve syrup in pan.
- 5Place nashi slices on pastry pieces. Brush with combined melted butter and brown sugar.
- 6Bake galette about 20 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 7Meanwhile, boil reserved syrup about 10 minutes or until reduced to a thick glaze. Brush hot galettes with glaze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022