- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 (600g) nashi
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 30 gram butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease two oven trays.
- 2Cut pastry sheets in half. Place two halves on each oven tray. Fold in long sides of each pastry piece about 2cm; press folded sections lightly then turn short ends in, making three small folds in each.
- 3Cut whole unpeeled nashi into 1cm slices. Discard small end slices; you need 16 similar- size nashi rounds for this recipe.
- 4Stir rind, juice, the water and caster sugar in large heavy-based frying pan over high heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil. Add nashi to syrup, in batches if necessary; cook over low heat about 10 minutes or until just tender. Remove nashi from syrup with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly. Reserve syrup in pan.
- 5Place nashi slices on pastry pieces. Brush with combined melted butter and brown sugar.
- 6Bake galette about 20 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 7Meanwhile, boil reserved syrup about 10 minutes or until reduced to a thick glaze. Brush hot galettes with glaze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021