Nachos with guacamole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram minced beef
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 35 gram packet taco seasoning mix
- 400 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock
- 420 gram can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 230 gram corn chips, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese guacamole
- 1 avocado, chopped coarsely
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Nachos with guacamole
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until beef changes colour. Add chilli and seasoning mix; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- 2Add undrained tomatoes, paste and stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Add beans; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease eight holes of two six-hole (¾-cup/180ml) texas muffin pans; line greased holes with two criss-crossed 5cm x 20cm (2 inch x 8 inch) strips of baking paper (parchment).
- 4Combine corn chips and 1 cup of the cheese in small bowl; divide half the corn chip mixture among prepared pan holes, pressing down firmly. Divide beef mixture among pan holes; top with remaining corn chip mixture, pressing down firmly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 5Meanwhile, make guacamole by mashing avocado in medium bowl; stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Stand nachos in pan 5 minutes. Using baking paper strips as lifters, carefully remove nachos from pan holes. Serve topped with guacamole; sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and accompany with sour cream and lime wedges, if you like.
Taco seasoning mix is found in most supermarkets; it is meant to duplicate the taste of a Mexican sauce made from oregano, cumin, chillies and other spices.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 lovely lamb cutlets for easy dinner ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm