- 2/3 cup (160ml) warm water
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 4 tablespoon ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoon kalonji
- 1Whisk the water, yeast and sugar in small bowl until yeast dissolves, cover; stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- 2Sift flour and salt into large bowl, add yeast mixture, yogurt and half of the ghee; mix to a soft dough. Knead dough on floured surface about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in large greased bowl, cover; stand in warm place 1½ hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- 3Turn dough onto floured surface; knead 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough into six pieces; roll each piece into an oval about 20cm long.
- 4Preheat grill to very hot. Cover oven tray with foil; grease foil. Cook ovals, one at a time, under grill about 2 minutes each side or until puffed and just browned. Brush naan with a little of the remaining ghee, sprinkle with a little of the kalonji; grill further 30 seconds. Keep naan warm while cooking remainder.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019