- 80 gram butter
- 3 french shallots, chopped finely
- 1 trimmed celery stalk, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 gram flat mushrooms, chopped finely
- 300 gram button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 200 gram swiss brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry sherry
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Herbed creme fraiche
- 200 millilitre carton creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
Mushroom soup with herbed creme fraiche
- 1Heat butter in a large saucepan, add shallots, celery and garlic; cook, stirring, over low heat until soft but not coloured. Add the mushrooms, cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add sherry, bring to the boil; boil for 1 minute. Add stock, bring to the boil; reduce heat, simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3Remove pan from heat. Cool mushroom mixture slightly, then blend or process half the mixture until smooth. Return to saucepan with remaining mushroom mixture. Stir over low heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, to make herbed creme fraiche, combine creme fraiche and herbs in small bowl; mix well.
- 5Spoon soup into serving bowls, top with herbed creme fraiche.
You can use any combination of mushrooms totaling 900g.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020