- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 x 8cm portobello mushrooms (400g)
- 120 gram vintage cheddar, sliced thinly
- 8 soft white bread rolls, split
- 40 gram wild rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 aby fennel bulb (120g), trimmed, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup (120g) creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Make pickled fennel: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; stand 30 minutes. Before serving, drain fennel mixture; discard liquid.
- 2Divide oil between two large non-stick frying pans, heat over medium heat. Divide mushrooms between pans; cook, covered, for 5 minutes each side or until golden and tender. For the last 2 minutes of cooking time, top mushrooms with cheddar until melted.
- 3Meanwhile, make harissa creme fraiche: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- 4Spread harissa creme fraiche on roll halves. Sandwich with mushrooms, pickled fennel, rocket and parsley.
Make ahead: Harissa creme fraiche can be made a day ahead; refrigerate in an airtight container. Try to choose mushrooms that are the same size as the rolls, otherwise you may need to double the number of mushrooms. You can reserve the fennel fronds when trimming the fennel and include in your sliders, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Iced vovosSep 16, 2021
- Salmon pattiesSep 16, 2021
- Picnic food ideasSep 16, 2021
- Sri Lankan potato and pea currySep 16, 2021
- Japanese katsu chicken currySep 16, 2021
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021