- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 x 8cm portobello mushrooms (400g)
- 120 gram vintage cheddar, sliced thinly
- 8 soft white bread rolls, split
- 40 gram wild rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 aby fennel bulb (120g), trimmed, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup (120g) creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Make pickled fennel: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; stand 30 minutes. Before serving, drain fennel mixture; discard liquid.
- 2Divide oil between two large non-stick frying pans, heat over medium heat. Divide mushrooms between pans; cook, covered, for 5 minutes each side or until golden and tender. For the last 2 minutes of cooking time, top mushrooms with cheddar until melted.
- 3Meanwhile, make harissa creme fraiche: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- 4Spread harissa creme fraiche on roll halves. Sandwich with mushrooms, pickled fennel, rocket and parsley.
Make ahead: Harissa creme fraiche can be made a day ahead; refrigerate in an airtight container. Try to choose mushrooms that are the same size as the rolls, otherwise you may need to double the number of mushrooms. You can reserve the fennel fronds when trimming the fennel and include in your sliders, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019