- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 75 gram chilled butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chilled water
- 20 gram butter
- 100 gram mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 leek, washed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 23cm round flan pan with removable base.
- 2Combine flour, butter and cheese in food processor. Pulse until crumbs form. With motor running, gradually add water, until dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 15 minutes.
- 3Melt butter in a frying pan on medium. Saute mushrooms, leek, thyme and garlic 3-4 minutes, until tender. Cool slightly.
- 4Roll out pastry between two sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Ease pastry into pan, trimming edges. Chill 10 minutes.
- 5Line pastry case with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice and bake blind 12-15 minutes. Remove paper and filling. Bake uncovered 5-10 minutes, until base is lightly golden. Cool slightly.
- 6In a jug, whisk eggs, cream and mustard together. Season. Spread mushroom mixture over pastry. Pour egg mixture over. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes. until golden and set. Sprinkle with thyme to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021