- 1 kilogram fresh ricotta
- 1½ cups (120g) grated pecorino cheese
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 500 grams small portobello mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 400 grams cavolo nero (tuscan cabbage), trimmed, chopped
- 350 grams fresh wholemeal lasagne sheets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- ½ cup (70g) hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium lemon (140g), rind cut into thin strips
- 1 fresh long green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1Combine ricotta, half the pecorino, the buttermilk, nutmeg and grated rind in a large bowl.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add garlic, half the green onion and 400g (12½ ounces) of the mushrooms; cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms start to soften. Add 300g (9½ ounces) of the cavolo nero; stir until wilted. Cool slightly.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 4Grease a 3-litre (12 cup) ovenproof dish. Spread base with ¼ cup of the ricotta mixture. Top with a single layer of lasagne sheets, trimming to fit. Top with one-third of the remaining ricotta mixture and half the mushroom mixture. Continue layering, ending with ricotta mixture.
- 5Cover lasagne with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake a further 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked through and top is golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, heat extra oil in a medium frying pan over high heat; cook remaining mushrooms and remaining cavolo nero, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add remaining green onion, the hazelnuts, rind strips and chilli; toss to combine.
- 7Serve lasagne topped with mushroom mixture and remaining pecorino.
Lasagne can be made a day ahead. Keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021