- 1 cup crushed weet-bix or similar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- chocolate icing and hundreds and thousands
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 30 x 21cm slice tin or similar.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and vanilla, mixing well.
- 3Spoon into the tin and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- 4Cool completely before icing and sprinkling with hundreds and thousands. Cut into bars.
This is a super recipe given to me by Dianna, a teacher at our school. It's a recipe made for many years by a local family, and now it's a favourite at the agricultural days and cake stalls. It's also a great recipe to teach the kids.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020