- 1 cup crushed weet-bix or similar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- chocolate icing and hundreds and thousands
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 30 x 21cm slice tin or similar.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and vanilla, mixing well.
- 3Spoon into the tin and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- 4Cool completely before icing and sprinkling with hundreds and thousands. Cut into bars.
This is a super recipe given to me by Dianna, a teacher at our school. It's a recipe made for many years by a local family, and now it's a favourite at the agricultural days and cake stalls. It's also a great recipe to teach the kids.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021