- 1 cup crushed weet-bix or similar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- chocolate icing and hundreds and thousands
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 30 x 21cm slice tin or similar.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and vanilla, mixing well.
- 3Spoon into the tin and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- 4Cool completely before icing and sprinkling with hundreds and thousands. Cut into bars.
This is a super recipe given to me by Dianna, a teacher at our school. It's a recipe made for many years by a local family, and now it's a favourite at the agricultural days and cake stalls. It's also a great recipe to teach the kids.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022