Monte carlo biscuits
- 180 grams butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (105g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2/3 cup (50g) dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 60 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
Monte Carlo biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just combined. Beat in egg. Stir in sifted flours, soda and coconut, in two batches.
- 3Roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into ovals; place on trays about 5cm (2 inches) apart. Flatten slightly; use the back of a fork to roughen surface.
- 4Bake biscuits about 7 minutes. Lift biscuits onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make Vienna cream: Beat butter, extract and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy; beat in milk.
- 6Sandwich cooled biscuits with Vienna cream and jam.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegan roastYesterday 11:59pm
- 4 ways with roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingDec 13, 2019
- Rosé and raspberry trifleDec 13, 2019
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019