Monte carlo biscuits
- 180 grams butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (105g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2/3 cup (50g) dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 60 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
Monte Carlo biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just combined. Beat in egg. Stir in sifted flours, soda and coconut, in two batches.
- 3Roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into ovals; place on trays about 5cm (2 inches) apart. Flatten slightly; use the back of a fork to roughen surface.
- 4Bake biscuits about 7 minutes. Lift biscuits onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make Vienna cream: Beat butter, extract and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy; beat in milk.
- 6Sandwich cooled biscuits with Vienna cream and jam.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019