Monte carlo biscuits
- 180 grams butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (105g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2/3 cup (50g) dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 60 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
Monte Carlo biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just combined. Beat in egg. Stir in sifted flours, soda and coconut, in two batches.
- 3Roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into ovals; place on trays about 5cm (2 inches) apart. Flatten slightly; use the back of a fork to roughen surface.
- 4Bake biscuits about 7 minutes. Lift biscuits onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make Vienna cream: Beat butter, extract and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy; beat in milk.
- 6Sandwich cooled biscuits with Vienna cream and jam.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate slab cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy vanilla cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Almond friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sensational spring dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Gingerbread peopleYesterday 1:00pm
- Oven temperature conversionsYesterday 4:43am
- Char kway teowOct 27, 2020
- Mango recipes for dessertOct 27, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Chicken schnitzelOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- Fruit mince pies and treats for ChristmasOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020