- 600 grams beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup (80ml) sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 235 grams choy sum, cut into 10cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 400 grams thick hokkien noodles
- 1Combine beef with half the sherry, half the soy sauce and half the sweet chilli sauce in a medium bowl.
- 2Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over high heat; stir-fry beef, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining vegetable oil in wok; stir-fry onion and garlic, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add capsicum and choy sum; stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
- 4Return beef to wok with remaining ingredients; stir-fry until hot.
Broccolini or gai lan would work well instead of choy sum in this stir-fry.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022