This mild beef stir-fry with a deliciously rich sauce is popular in Chinese takeaway across Australia. We paired ours with thick Hokkein noodles to really soak up the flavour.
- 600 grams beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup (80ml) sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 235 grams choy sum, cut into 10cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 400 grams thick hokkien noodles
- 1Combine beef with half the sherry, half the soy sauce and half the sweet chilli sauce in a medium bowl.
- 2Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over high heat; stir-fry beef, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining vegetable oil in wok; stir-fry onion and garlic, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add capsicum and choy sum; stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
- 4Return beef to wok with remaining ingredients; stir-fry until hot.
Broccolini or gai lan would work well instead of choy sum in this stir-fry.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021