Money bag dumplings
- 16 chives
- 250 gram chicken breast fillet, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 2 piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 16 gow gee wrappers
- vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Money bag dumplings
- 1Place chives in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water; stand for 1 minute or until soft. Drain; refresh under cold water.
- 2Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine chicken, garlic, lemongrass, ginger and fish sauce in a food processor; process until almost smooth. Transfer to a glass bowl. Add peanuts and coriander; stir until combined.
- 3For each dumpling, place a wrapper on a flat surface. Top with a heaped teaspoon of chicken mixture. Brush edge of with water. Bring wrapper edges up to enclose filling. Pinch to seal. Tie with a chive to secure. Trim ends of chive. Transfer to prepared tray. Cover with a clean damp tea-towel.
- 4Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over moderate heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Deep-fry dumplings, in batches, for 3 minutes or until golden and cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
To make vegetarian, use 250g mashed firm tofu instead of chicken, and swap fish sauce for soy sauce. Don't overfill dumplings, as some fillings expand during cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021