- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 250 gram extra-light sour cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 cup (320g) icing sugar
- 1 1/3 cup (110g) desiccated coconut
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- pink food colouring
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease an 8-hole (1⁄2-cup/125ml) loaf pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm over the sides.
- 2Beat butter, essence and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined after each addition. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in sifted flour,coconut, sour cream and milk, in two batches. Spoon mixture into pan holes.
- 3Bake cakes for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave cakes in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, make coconut ice frosting. Stir sifted icing sugar, coconut, egg whiteand 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl. Tint with pink colouring;stir until well combined.
- 5Just before serving, spread frosting on cakes
Store uniced cakes in an airtight container for 3 days or freeze, wrapped individually, for up to 3 months. You can make this recipe in a deep 22cm round cake pan. Grease, then line the base of the pan with baking paper. Follow the recipe as directed, then bake for 50 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022