- 12 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon good-quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur, such as kahlua or tia maria (or use espresso for a non-alcoholic version)
- grated dark chocolate, to serve
- crostoli (pictured lift; availablcrostoli, biscotti or savoiardi biscuits, to serve
- 1Fill saucepan half full of water and bring to a simmer.
- 2Place egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder and coffee liqueur into mixing bowl and beat for 30 secs until well combined.
- 3Place bowl over simmering water, ensuring base does not touch water or the eggs will scramble. Beat for 7 to 8 minutes on high speed or until pale and fluffy, scraping the sides down occasionally.
- 4Remove bowl from pan and remove pan from heat. Spoon into bowls, sprinkle with a little grated chocolate and serve with crostoli, biscotti or savoiardi biscuits.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022