- 12 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon good-quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur, such as kahlua or tia maria (or use espresso for a non-alcoholic version)
- grated dark chocolate, to serve
- crostoli (pictured lift; availablcrostoli, biscotti or savoiardi biscuits, to serve
- 1Fill saucepan half full of water and bring to a simmer.
- 2Place egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder and coffee liqueur into mixing bowl and beat for 30 secs until well combined.
- 3Place bowl over simmering water, ensuring base does not touch water or the eggs will scramble. Beat for 7 to 8 minutes on high speed or until pale and fluffy, scraping the sides down occasionally.
- 4Remove bowl from pan and remove pan from heat. Spoon into bowls, sprinkle with a little grated chocolate and serve with crostoli, biscotti or savoiardi biscuits.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020