- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, chopped coarsely
- 155 gram (5 ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 teaspoon boiling water
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 155 gram (5 ounces) milk eating chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) rectangular pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) over sides.
- 2Stir butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth; cool 10 minutes.
- 3Stir egg and sugar into chocolate mixture; stir in sifted flours. Spread mixture into pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Cool base in pan.
- 4To make mocha mousse; dissolve coffee in the boiling water in cup; cool. Beat cream and coffee mixture in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in cooled chocolate. Pour mousse over base; refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- 5Dust slice with sifted cocoa before cutting.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022