Mixed mushroom pasta
- 10 gram dried porcini mushrooms
- 100 gram butter
- 300 gram swiss brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 300 gram button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) cream
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 400 gram casarecce pasta (or other short pasta such as penne or rigatoni)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- finely grated parmesan, extra, to serve
Mixed mushroom pasta
- 1Place the porcini in a small heatproof bowl; cover with ½ cup (125ml) boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain porcini over a jug; reserve liquid. Coarsely chop porcini.
- 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, cook over high heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Add porcini and the reserved liquid then cream. Bring to the boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in parmesan; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just tender; drain. Add the pasta to the mushroom mixture in the pan with half the parsley; toss gently to combine.
- 5Serve topped with remaining parsley and extra parmesan.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020