- 10 gram dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water
- 375 gram fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 gram pancetta, chopped coarsely
- 100 gram button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 100 gram swiss brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 flat mushroom (80g), sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) pouring cream (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese, extra
- 1Combine porcini mushrooms and the water in small heatproof bowl, cover, stand 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain, reserve soaking liquid, chop mushrooms coarsely.
- 2Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan, cook pancetta until crisp. Add all mushrooms and garlic, cook, stirring, until mushrooms are browned lightly. Add wine, bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, until liquid has almost evaporated. Add cream, juice and reserved soaking liquid, simmer, uncovered, until sauce reduces by half and thickens slightly. Stir in cheese and chives.
- 4Combine pasta and sauce in large bowl. Serve sprinkled with extra cheese.
It is fine to use just 1 x 300ml carton of cream for this recipe. Porcini, also known as cèpes, are the richest-flavoured mushrooms. Though expensive, they are so strongly-flavoured only a small amount is required for any particular dish. They are available from specialty food stores and some supermarkets. Pancetta is an Italian salt-cured bacon. It is available from delicatessens and major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022