Miso glazed salmon
- 2 large eggplants, quartered
- 1/2 cup white (shiro) miso
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 750 gram skinless salmon fillets, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 teaspoon each black and white sesame seeds
- japanese mayo, micro herbs, to serve
Daikon cucumber salad
- 1 small daikon, shredded
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded, julienne
- 120 gram pre-made seaweed salad
- 1/2 cup edamame, blanched
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Miso glazed salmon and daikon cucumber salad
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Pour 1 cup water into a deep roasting pan, arrange a wire rack in pan. Place eggplant on rack.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine miso, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside half miso for salmon.
- 4Brush eggplant with half remaining miso. Roast for 35-40 minutes, brushing with remaining miso mixture halfway through cooking, until tender and caramelised.
- 5Arrange salmon on oven tray. Brush with reserved miso mixture. Roast for 10 minutes, until cooked to taste.
- 6Meanwhile, to make daikon cucumber salad; in a bowl, toss all ingredients together.
- 7Serve salmon, daikon cucumber salad and eggplant sprinkled with mixed sesame seeds and micro herbs. Accompany with Japanese mayo.
Add some steamed rice, if liked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019