Miso glazed salmon
- 2 large eggplants, quartered
- 1/2 cup white (shiro) miso
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 750 gram skinless salmon fillets, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 teaspoon each black and white sesame seeds
- japanese mayo, micro herbs, to serve
Daikon cucumber salad
- 1 small daikon, shredded
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded, julienne
- 120 gram pre-made seaweed salad
- 1/2 cup edamame, blanched
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Miso glazed salmon and daikon cucumber salad
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Pour 1 cup water into a deep roasting pan, arrange a wire rack in pan. Place eggplant on rack.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine miso, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside half miso for salmon.
- 4Brush eggplant with half remaining miso. Roast for 35-40 minutes, brushing with remaining miso mixture halfway through cooking, until tender and caramelised.
- 5Arrange salmon on oven tray. Brush with reserved miso mixture. Roast for 10 minutes, until cooked to taste.
- 6Meanwhile, to make daikon cucumber salad; in a bowl, toss all ingredients together.
- 7Serve salmon, daikon cucumber salad and eggplant sprinkled with mixed sesame seeds and micro herbs. Accompany with Japanese mayo.
Add some steamed rice, if liked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaToday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeToday 6:41am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesToday 5:13am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliYesterday 8:00pm
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsYesterday 5:00pm
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019
- Almond-crusted turkey parmigianaMay 08, 2019