Minted pea soup
- 4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 50 gram butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 kilogram frozen baby peas
- 1 bunch chopped fresh mint
- salt and cracked black pepper
- sour cream and crusty bread, to serve
- micro herbs, to garnish, if desired
Minted pea soup
- 1Place stock and potato in saucepan. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, heat butter in frying pan and saute onion for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add peas when potatoes are almost cooked and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove peas and potatoes from heat. Add mint, onion and garlic. Process in blender or food processor until as chunky or smooth as you like. Add salt to taste.
- 5Serve with sour cream and crusty bread. Add pepper to taste. Garnish with micro herbs.
For a richer flavour, stir a little butter or cream into the soup while it is still hot.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021