- 60 gram (2 ounces) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon milk, approximately
- 48 (350g) soft chocolate-coated mints (see notes)
- 185 gram (6 ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, melted
- 1Beat butter, sugar, egg and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa and enough milk to make a firm dough. Cover dough; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm (¼ inch) thick; cut 3.5cm (1¼ inch) rounds from dough. Place rounds about 2.5cm (1 inch) apart on trays.
- 4Bake about 10 minutes; immediately place one chocolate mint on top of each biscuit, press down lightly. Cool biscuits on trays.
- 5Place biscuits on wire rack over bakingpaper-lined tray; drizzle with chocolate. Stand at room temperature until set.
We used individually-wrapped round chocolate-coated mints for this recipe. They come in a 175g (5½ ounce) box of 24 chocolates. Store unfilled biscuits in an airtight container for up to a week. Store filled biscuits in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020