- 3 cup (660g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) brown malt vinegar
- coloured sprinkles
- 10 small wooden sticks
- 1Oil two 12-hole (1 tbsp-capacity) mini muffin pans.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water and vinegar. Stir over low heat, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until the mixture reaches 154°C on a sugar thermometer (or until toffee is a golden brown). Remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- 3Carefully pour syrup into prepared pans. Stand toffees 2 minutes, to allow to thicken, before decorating with sprinkles.
- 4Stand further 10 minutes, then position a wooden stick in each. Leave toffees to set in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020