Looking for more quiche recipes?
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon or ham
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chargrilled capsicum
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- salad, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease the recesses of a shallow 12-hole patty pan.
- 2Cut 12 x 8cm rounds from the pastry sheets. Ease into prepared recesses of patty pan. Prick lightly with a fork.
- 3Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to moderate, 180°C.
- 4Add equal amounts of bacon, cheese, capsicum and onion to each pastry case.
- 5In a jug, whisk together the milk and eggs, then season to taste. Pour even amounts into each pastry case.
- 6Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and firm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Serve with salad.
Change the flavours by using salami and brie, blue cheese and spinach, or chargrilled vegetables in place of the original filling.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsYesterday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataOct 21, 2020
- Spinach dip cob loafOct 21, 2020
- Quiche LorraineOct 21, 2020
- Chana dhal with chutney yoghurtOct 21, 2020
- How to cook lamb backstrapOct 21, 2020
- Lemonade sconesOct 21, 2020
- Classic steamed Christmas puddingOct 21, 2020
- FlorentinesOct 21, 2020
- Lobster mornayOct 21, 2020
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsOct 21, 2020