- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre carton cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp only
- 1Preheat oven to slow, 150°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small, clean bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- 4Spoon mixture onto prepared trays to form 8 round, even nests.
- 5Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven to very slow, 120°C, and bake a further 20 minutes. Allow to cool in a turned-off oven, with the door ajar to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, top with cream and bananas, strawberries and kiwifruit. Drizzle with passionfruit just before serving.
Keep the oven door ajar by placing a wooden spoon inside the door.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020