- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre carton cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp only
- 1Preheat oven to slow, 150°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small, clean bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- 4Spoon mixture onto prepared trays to form 8 round, even nests.
- 5Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven to very slow, 120°C, and bake a further 20 minutes. Allow to cool in a turned-off oven, with the door ajar to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, top with cream and bananas, strawberries and kiwifruit. Drizzle with passionfruit just before serving.
Keep the oven door ajar by placing a wooden spoon inside the door.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021