Mini moroccan pies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram lamb mince
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (280g) undrained crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (40g) toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped raisins
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
Mini moroccan pies
- 1Heat oil in medium frying pan, cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add mince, cook, stirring, until mince changes colour. Add cumin, cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add tomato, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in nuts, raisins and coriander, cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease two 12-hole deep flat-based patty pans.
- 3Cut 24 rounds from shortcrust pastry using 7cm-round cutter, press one round into each pan hole. Spoon lamb mixture into pastry cases.
- 4Cut 24 rounds from puff pastry using 6cm-round cutter, top pies with puff pastry lids. Press edges firmly to seal, brush lids with a little beaten egg. Using sharp knife, cut a small slit into top of each pie. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021