No more fighting over the biggest slice. Everyone gets their own individual meatloaf wrapped in prosciutto with caramelised onion for extra flavour
- 12 slices prosciutto (120g)
- 750 grams minced beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (170g) bottled caramelised onion
- ⅓ cup (95g) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- ⅓ cup (95g) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 60 grams baby rocket leaves
- 3 medium potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium parsnips (500g), chopped coarsely
- 40 grams butter, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (125ml) hot milk
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Oil six holes of a eight-hole (⅔-cup/160ml) loaf pan. Line each oiled pan hole with two slices prosciutto, overlapping in a criss-cross pattern.
- 2Combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, paste and garlic in a large bowl; season. Press two-thirds of the beef mixture into pan holes; top with caramelised onion, cover with remaining beef mixture. Fold prosciutto slices over to cover beef mixture.
- 3Bake about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Drain excess juices from pan.
- 4Remove loaves from pan; place on a foil-lined oven tray. Combine half the sauces, half the mustard and half the sugar in a small bowl. Brush meatloaves with sauce mixture; bake about 10 minutes or until cooked through, basting with sauce mixture occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, make parsnip mash.
- 6To make mustard glaze, combine the water with remaining sauces, mustard and sugar in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- 7Serve meatloaf with parsnip mash, mustard glaze and rocket leaves.
- 8Boil, steam or microwave potato and parsnip until tender; drain. Mash vegetables in a large bowl with butter and milk until smooth. Season to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Iced vovosSep 16, 2021
- Salmon pattiesSep 16, 2021
- Picnic food ideasSep 16, 2021
- Sri Lankan potato and pea currySep 16, 2021
- Japanese katsu chicken currySep 16, 2021
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021