Mini berry pies
- 12 hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) mini muffin pans
- 300 gram frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 (sheets) shortcrust pastry
- 1 lightly beaten egg white
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar (extra)
Mini berry pies
- 1Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease three 12-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) mini muffin pans.
- 2Stir 300g frozen mixed berries and 1/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil.
- 3Blend 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch) with 1 tablespoon water, stir into berry mixture. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
- 4Cut 36 x 6cm rounds and 36 x 4cm rounds from shortcrust pastry, press large pastry rounds into pan holes. Spoon berry mixture into pastry cases, top with small pastry rounds. Press edges firmly to seal. Brush tops with 1 lightly beaten egg white, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar. Make small cut in top of each pie. Bake pies about 20 minutes. Stand in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021