Mini apple pies
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 200 gram can pie apple, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon sugar
Mini apple pies
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 12-hole mini muffin pans.
- 2Using a 6cm round cutter, cut 16 rounds from each sheet of pastry. Use 24 to line muffin pans. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or dried beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove paper and weights. Fill each pastry case with apple. Top with a round of pastry, pressing edges to seal. Brush with egg and pierce a hole in top of each pie to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle sugar over top and bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Add frozen mixed berries with the apple, or sprinkle a little ground cinnamon on top of each.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021