Mini apple pies
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 200 gram can pie apple, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon sugar
Mini apple pies
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 12-hole mini muffin pans.
- 2Using a 6cm round cutter, cut 16 rounds from each sheet of pastry. Use 24 to line muffin pans. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or dried beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove paper and weights. Fill each pastry case with apple. Top with a round of pastry, pressing edges to seal. Brush with egg and pierce a hole in top of each pie to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle sugar over top and bake for 15 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Add frozen mixed berries with the apple, or sprinkle a little ground cinnamon on top of each.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low fat beef sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020