- 125 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 30 gram unsalted butter, extra
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
- 1 cup (140g) roasted salted peanuts
- 200 gram milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular slice pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over the sides.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flours. Press mixture evenly over base of pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, stir condensed milk, extra butter and syrup in a small saucepan, over medium heat, for 15 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Working quickly, pour caramel over base; smooth surface with a spatula. Press peanuts into caramel with spatula. Bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- 4Stir chocolate and oil in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over caramel. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set before cutting into 40 pieces.
So what makes this slice worthy of a millionaire? It's the 'rich' layering of the buttery shortbread base and sweet caramel filling smothered in chocolate, of course.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020