- 1 medium brown onion (150g), quartered
- 2 large tomatoes (440g), quartered
- 2 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) white long-grain rice
- 2 cup (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 small carrot (70g), sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 125 gram canned corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Place onion, tomato and garlic on an oiled oven tray, drizzle with half the oil. Roast, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables soften. When cool enough to handle, peel tomato and garlic.
- 3Blend or process onion, tomato, garlic and chilli powder until smooth (you need 2 cups of puree).
- 4Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook rice, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add tomato mixture, cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until almost all of the liquid is evaporated.
- 5Add stock, carrot, peas and corn to pan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, over low heat, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, season to taste. Serve sprinkled with coriander.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020