- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 2 bunch medium brown onions (300g), sliced thinly
- 375 gram bottled chunky mild tomato salsa
- 1 cup (280g) barbecue sauce
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 kilogram boneless pork shoulder
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1Combine capsicum, onion, salsa, sauce, garlic, spices and oregano in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker, add pork, turn to coat in mixture. Cook, covered, on low, for 8 hours.
- 2Carefully remove pork from cooker, shred meat using two forks. Return pork to cooker, stir gently. Season to taste.
- 3Divide pork between tortillas. Serve topped with sour cream and coriander.
You can quickly peel the capsicum with a vegetable peeler if you don't like the skin peeling off when it's cooked. To freeze, complete the recipe to the end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021