- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 2 bunch medium brown onions (300g), sliced thinly
- 375 gram bottled chunky mild tomato salsa
- 1 cup (280g) barbecue sauce
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 kilogram boneless pork shoulder
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1Combine capsicum, onion, salsa, sauce, garlic, spices and oregano in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker, add pork, turn to coat in mixture. Cook, covered, on low, for 8 hours.
- 2Carefully remove pork from cooker, shred meat using two forks. Return pork to cooker, stir gently. Season to taste.
- 3Divide pork between tortillas. Serve topped with sour cream and coriander.
You can quickly peel the capsicum with a vegetable peeler if you don't like the skin peeling off when it's cooked. To freeze, complete the recipe to the end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- DukkahJan 13, 2022
- Triple chocolate browniesJan 13, 2022
- Bourbon butter 1kg peach pieJan 13, 2022
- AïoliJan 13, 2022