- 600 gram beef mince
- 1 large (300g) red onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato paste
- 35 gram packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, optional
- 400 gram can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (35g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 100 gram corn chips
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium (250g) ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place mince, onion, garlic, paste, seasoning, chilli powder, beans, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl. Using your hand, mix thoroughly to combine.
- 3Line base of a loaf pan with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides. Using the loaf pan as a mould, press the mince mixture firmly into the pan. Turn meatloaf out onto the prepared tray; discard lining paper.
- 4Bake meatloaf, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5To make quick guacamole, mash avocado with juice in a bowl with a fork; season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Serve meatloaf sliced with guacamole, corn chips and cheese.
Uncooked meatloaf suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021