- 1 1/2 cup (300g) dried red kidney beans
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken sausages (480g)
- 1 cured chorizo sausage (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup (280g) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1 red capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 fresh long green chillies, chopped finely
- 1 tomato (150g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1Place beans in medium bowl, cover with cold water; stand overnight. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2Combine beans, bay leaf and the water in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Drain beans; reserve 1 cup (250ml) cooking liquid, discard bay leaf.
- 4Heat oil in same cleaned cooker; cook sausages until browned. Remove from cooker; slice thickly. Discard oil from cooker; cook chorizo until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Add spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return beans to cooker with sausages, sauce, capsicum and reserved cooking liquid; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 8 minutes.
- 5Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Season to taste. Serve sprinkled with combined chilli, tomato and coriander.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. This is a great option for a easy dinner party with friends. Simply double the quantities to serve 8. You can cook the dish up to step 5 the day before and chop the chillies, tomato and coriander a few hours before serving. This dish also freezes well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022