- 1 seeded, peeled, chopped avocado
- 6 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped green onion
Mexican beef pie
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 500 gram beef mince
- 140 gram tub tomato paste
- 40 gram packet burrito seasoning mix
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 420 gram can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 420 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- corn chips, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- 1In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- 2Scatter salsa over pie. Serve topped with corn chips and dollops of sour cream.
Mexican beef pie
- 3Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm pie dish with oil.
- 4In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Saute onion 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add mince and cook for 4-5 minutes or until well browned, breaking up lumps.
- 5Stir in tomato paste and seasoning mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 6Meanwhile, heat tortillas in microwave on medium (50%) power for 1 minute or until soft. Arrange tortillas in dish, overlapping to form a shell. Spray with oil. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- 7Spoon hot mince mixture into shell. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
To make individual pies, line each hole of a Texas muffin pan with a tortilla.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021