- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) dark chocolate melts
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C or 130°C fan. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar a tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- 3Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a plain tube. Pipe 10cm logs onto prepared trays.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes, until crisp and dry. Turn off oven and cool meringues in oven with door slightly ajar.
- 5Melt chocolate and drizzle over meringue sticks before serving.
For a makeshift piping bag, place melted chocolate in a small snap-lock bag and snip off a corner. Push out air left in the bag, reseal and use to pipe chocolate over meringues.