Mega choc-chip cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate melts, halved
- 1/2 cup white choc bits
Mega choc-chip cookies
- 1Before you turn on the oven, move 2 oven shelves so that they are both as close to the middle of the oven as possible. Turn the oven to 200°C. Grease 2 oven trays. Put the eggs and sugar in the large bowl of an electric mixer, then beat on high speed for about 1 minute or until the mixture is pale brown. Turn off the electric mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- 2Sift both the flours and the bicarbonate of soda through a sieve over the egg mixture. Add the oil, peanuts, dark chocolate melts and choc bits to the bowl and stir to mix.
- 3Scoop out some of the cookie mixture with a tablespoon, roll it into a ball with your hands and place it on a prepared tray. Repeat rolling, placing the balls 6cm apart.
- 4Continue making balls of cookie mixture and placing them on the trays. Flatten each ball with your hand to make a 5cm round shape. Put the trays in the oven and bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Using oven mitts, take the trays out of the oven, place them on a wooden board and leave them for 5 minutes. Using an egg slide, lift the cookies onto a wire cake rack to cool.
- 5Repeat the last 2 steps with the rest of the cookie mixture.
Cookies can be frozen for up to a month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Healthy lunch ideas you'll actually be excited to eatYesterday 5:43am
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020