- cooking-oil spray
- 200 gram medley tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large_piece red capsicum (bell pepper) (350g),quartered, seeded
- 120 gram wholemeal spaghetti
- 100 gram green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm (2-inch) lengths
- 185 gram canned tuna in springwater,drained, flaked coarsely
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon baby basil leaves
- 1Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Lightly spray two oven trays with oil.
- 2Place tomatoes on one tray, place under grill on lower shelf, cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse.
- 3Place capsicum on the other tray, skin-side up, place on top shelf of grill, cook for 5 minutes or until skin blackens and blisters. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Stand for 5 minutes, then peel away skin and slice flesh thinly.
- 4Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Add beans to pan for last 2 minutes of pasta cooking time, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain.
- 5Combine pasta, beans, tomato, capsicum and tuna in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil, toss gently to combine, season to taste. Serve salad sprinkled with basil leaves.
Put this salad together the night before to take to work. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Add oil, vinegar and basil just before serving. You can use basil-infused oil olive, if you like. To save time, use 300g of well-drained char-grilled capsicum.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022