- cooking-oil spray
- 200 gram medley tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large_piece red capsicum (bell pepper) (350g),quartered, seeded
- 120 gram wholemeal spaghetti
- 100 gram green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm (2-inch) lengths
- 185 gram canned tuna in springwater,drained, flaked coarsely
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon baby basil leaves
- 1Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Lightly spray two oven trays with oil.
- 2Place tomatoes on one tray, place under grill on lower shelf, cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse.
- 3Place capsicum on the other tray, skin-side up, place on top shelf of grill, cook for 5 minutes or until skin blackens and blisters. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Stand for 5 minutes, then peel away skin and slice flesh thinly.
- 4Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Add beans to pan for last 2 minutes of pasta cooking time, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain.
- 5Combine pasta, beans, tomato, capsicum and tuna in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil, toss gently to combine, season to taste. Serve salad sprinkled with basil leaves.
Put this salad together the night before to take to work. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Add oil, vinegar and basil just before serving. You can use basil-infused oil olive, if you like. To save time, use 300g of well-drained char-grilled capsicum.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsToday 5:00pm
- Salted honeycombToday 1:00pm
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020