- cooking-oil spray
- 200 gram medley tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large_piece red capsicum (bell pepper) (350g),quartered, seeded
- 120 gram wholemeal spaghetti
- 100 gram green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm (2-inch) lengths
- 185 gram canned tuna in springwater,drained, flaked coarsely
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon baby basil leaves
- 1Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Lightly spray two oven trays with oil.
- 2Place tomatoes on one tray, place under grill on lower shelf, cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse.
- 3Place capsicum on the other tray, skin-side up, place on top shelf of grill, cook for 5 minutes or until skin blackens and blisters. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Stand for 5 minutes, then peel away skin and slice flesh thinly.
- 4Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Add beans to pan for last 2 minutes of pasta cooking time, drain. Rinse under cold water, drain.
- 5Combine pasta, beans, tomato, capsicum and tuna in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil, toss gently to combine, season to taste. Serve salad sprinkled with basil leaves.
Put this salad together the night before to take to work. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Add oil, vinegar and basil just before serving. You can use basil-infused oil olive, if you like. To save time, use 300g of well-drained char-grilled capsicum.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Balsamic honey pulled-pork bunsYesterday 10:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 2:00pm
- ColeslawYesterday 2:00pm
- Chinese honey chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Singapore noodlesYesterday 2:00pm
- Crisp fried chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic white breadMay 25, 2020
- Tuna mornayMay 25, 2020
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesMay 25, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020