- 3/4 cup (150g) brown rice
- 1/2 cup (100g) french-style green lentils
- 1/2 cup (100g) red or white quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 small red onion (100g), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoon baby salted capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (80g) currants
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, firmly packed
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 cup (280g) labne
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, roasted
- 1Preheat oven 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Toast/roast all nuts and seeds together on an oven tray (place the cumin seeds on a small piece of foil to keep them separate), in oven for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- 3Cook rice and lentils, separately, in large saucepans of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender, drain, rinse well.
- 4Place quinoa in a small saucepan with the water, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 5Combine rice, lentils and quinoa in a large bowl. Add onion, seeds, pine nuts, capers, currants, herbs, juice and oil, stir until well combined.
- 6Stir cumin seeds into labne in a small bowl.
- 7Serve salad on plates or a large platter, top with spoonfuls of labne, drizzle with honey and scatter with almonds.
Labne is yoghurt that has been drained of whey. A short draining time, results in a thick, creamy yoghurt, while a longer one, will achieve the consistency of a soft yoghurt-cheese, that can be rolled into balls. You can make your own or buy it from supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm