- 1 large fennel bulb (550g), cut into 1cm thick slices, fronds reserved
- 1 large red onion (300g), cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium bulb garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper) (350g), chopped coarsely
- 2 stalks celery (300g), chopped coarsely
- 2 stalks fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 litre (4 cups) fish stock
- 400 grams can cherry tomatoes (see tip)
- 800 grams skinless blue-eye trevalla fillets, pin-boned, cut into 3cm pieces
- 520 grams day-old garlic sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Make pangrattato topping. Increase oven to 220°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Toss fennel, onion and garlic with half the oil; season. Spread over prepared tray; roast for 25 minutes or until just tender. Squeeze garlic flesh from skins; reserve roast vegetables.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a 3-litre (12-cup) 30cm (12in) round ovenproof frying pan or flameproof roasting pan over medium heat. Cook capsicum, celery and parsley stalks, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add paprika and saffron; cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste; cook for a further 1 minute. Increase heat to high; deglaze pan with wine.
- 4Add stock, tomatoes and roast fennel mixture to pan with capsicum mixture; bring to the boil and simmer over medium-high heat for 25 minutes or until reduced by a third. Season to taste.
- 5Gently press fish into tomato mixture to submerge. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 6Top fish pie with pangrattato topping to serve.
Coarsely chop bread; process until coarse crumbs form. Toss
with remaining ingredients. Spread over lined oven tray; bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020