Pre-made meatballs served with a fresh salsa, creamy eggplant puree and pita bread make a quick and easy dinner.
- 2 medium eggplants (460g)
- 500 beef and lamb italian-style meatballs
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¾ cup (200g) greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100 grams rocket (arugula) leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pitta pocket breads (340g), warmed
- 1 lemon (140g), cut into wedges
- 3 medium tomatoes (450g), chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Cut eggplant in half lengthways. Using a small knife, cut a criss-cross pattern on the cut side. Cook eggplant, cut-side down, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill pan or barbecue), for 10 minutes or until tender and soft. Cool slightly.
- 2Cook meatballs on same grill plate, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Remove from grill; cover to keep warm.
- 3Using a spoon, scoop eggplant flesh from skin. Discard skin. Blend or process eggplant flesh with garlic, tahini, yoghurt and juice until almost smooth; season to taste.
- 4Make tomato salsa. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 5Serve meatballs with eggplant puree, rocket and salsa; drizzle with oil. Accompany with pitta and lemon wedges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021