- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small (80 gram) brown onion, finely chopped
- 150 gram minced beef
- 150 gram sausage mince
- 2 cup (300 grams) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 30 gram cold butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 millilitres) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (110 grams) pizza cheese
- 30 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Oil 25cm x 35cm Swiss roll pan.
- 2In small frying pan, heat oil and add onion; cook, stirring, until soft. Add minces; cook, stirring, until browned, season to taste. Cool.
- 3Sift flour and sugar into medium bowl; rub in butter. Stir in milk; mix to a soft, sticky dough. Knead dough on floured surface; roll dough into 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- 4Spread dough with sauce; sprinkle with mince mixture, cheese and spinach. Roll dough tightly from long side; trim ends. Cut roll into 12 slices; place scrolls, cut-side-up, in pan. Brush scrolls with a little egg; bake about 30 minutes or until browned.
If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021