- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened (heavy) cream, whipped (see tip)
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 125 gram raspberries
- 125 gram blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/250°F. Line oven tray with foil; grease foil, dust with cornflour, shake away excess. Mark 18cm (7-inch)circle on foil.
- 2Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves. Add extract and vinegar; beat until combined.
- 3Spread meringue into circle on foil, building up at the side to 8cm (3 inches) in height. Smooth side and top of pavlova gently. Using spatula blade, mark decorative grooves around side of pavlova; smooth top again.
- 4Bake pavlova about 1½ hours. Turn oven off; cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cut around top edge of pavlova (the crisp meringue top will fall on top of the marshmallow centre). Serve pavlova topped with whipped cream, berries and passionfruit.
It is fine to use just one 300ml carton of cream for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021