- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened (heavy) cream, whipped (see tip)
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 125 gram raspberries
- 125 gram blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/250°F. Line oven tray with foil; grease foil, dust with cornflour, shake away excess. Mark 18cm (7-inch)circle on foil.
- 2Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves. Add extract and vinegar; beat until combined.
- 3Spread meringue into circle on foil, building up at the side to 8cm (3 inches) in height. Smooth side and top of pavlova gently. Using spatula blade, mark decorative grooves around side of pavlova; smooth top again.
- 4Bake pavlova about 1½ hours. Turn oven off; cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cut around top edge of pavlova (the crisp meringue top will fall on top of the marshmallow centre). Serve pavlova topped with whipped cream, berries and passionfruit.
It is fine to use just one 300ml carton of cream for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019