- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened (heavy) cream, whipped (see tip)
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 125 gram raspberries
- 125 gram blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/250°F. Line oven tray with foil; grease foil, dust with cornflour, shake away excess. Mark 18cm (7-inch)circle on foil.
- 2Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves. Add extract and vinegar; beat until combined.
- 3Spread meringue into circle on foil, building up at the side to 8cm (3 inches) in height. Smooth side and top of pavlova gently. Using spatula blade, mark decorative grooves around side of pavlova; smooth top again.
- 4Bake pavlova about 1½ hours. Turn oven off; cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cut around top edge of pavlova (the crisp meringue top will fall on top of the marshmallow centre). Serve pavlova topped with whipped cream, berries and passionfruit.
It is fine to use just one 300ml carton of cream for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022